Feature
   

Nil11th August 2019

Sex sorted semen facility centre to encourage farmers to adopt animal husbandry activities in the state

Animal husbandry and diary activities play a vital role in supplementing farmer's income. The geo climatic conditions in the state are suitable for animal husbandry and diary activities.

State government is soon going to set up Rs. 47.50 crore sex sorted semen facility Centre in the State with the financial support of Government of India. The Central Government will provide 90 percent assistance and the state government will contribute remaining 10 percent.

In this centre injections of indigenous breed cows will be developed. It will help in preparing sex-sorted semen available in large quantities, so that most offspring born is female. 740 Kanal Land have been identified to set up this centre in Lamlehri of Kutlehar assembly constituency. The Project Sanctioning has approved setting up of this centre in the state.

With the commissioning of this project, farmers will get relief from stray cattle as after the mechanization of agriculture. The usage of ox for agricultural purposes has been reduced drastically and due to this reason male calfs are abandoned on the roads. This facility will also provide relief to farmers from stray cattle causing damages to the crops in rural areas.

Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Animal Husbandry Virender Kanwar said that the state government has taken several steps to encourage farmers to adopt animal husbandry activities in a big way and to supplement their income. He said that innovative schemes have been started to provide subsidy for the purchase of cows, goat and sheep etc. 85 percent subsidy to below poverty line (BPL) farmers and 60 percent subsidy to other farmers for the purchase of goats are being given for this scheme Rs. 6 crores will be spent during this financial year 2019-20. State government will also establish Murah buffalo farm by spending Rs. 11 crore under 'Rashtriya Gokul Mission' and a Gokul Gram will also be established at the cost of Rs. 34 crore.

To enhance the quality of milk, the state government has proposed to automated milk chilling units (AMCU) to all the co-operative societies. To provide relief to families involved in milk production, milk procurement prize has been increased by Rs. two per litre recently. In addition to this, 50 thousand litres a day milk processing plants will be established in Duttnagar and Chakkar.

To promote natural farming in the state, a subsidy of 50 percent with maximum limit will be given to buy indigenous cows. Rs. 2 crore will be spent on Embryo Transfer Technology for protecting and promoting Sahiwal and Red-Sindhi breeds of cows. For breeding Sahiwal and Red-Sindhi breeds of cows will be established by spending Rs. 11 crore.

To help farmers indulged in animal rearing in getting rid of inbreeding problem and increasing wool productivity by importing improved breeds of sheep Rs. 8 crore have been sanctioned under 'Rashtriya Pashu Dhan Mission'. These efforts certainly will go a long way in supplementing the income of farmers in the state.   

You Are Visitor No.हमारी वेबसाइट में कुल आगंतुकों 8519963

Nodal Officer: UC Kaundal, Dy. Director (Tech), +919816638550, uttamkaundal@gmail.com

Copyright ©Department of Information & Public Relations, Himachal Pradesh.
Best Viewed In Mozilla Firefox